Mental Health and Wellbeing
Information and advice on looking after your mental health and wellbeing
1 in 4 people in the UK will experience problems with their mental health each year. Mental health illness can have a huge impact, whether you are experiencing issues yourself, or you are supporting someone who is.
There is a range of support to help with mental health issues -from speaking to your GP, taking part in a mindfulness session (in Hinckley and Charnwood areas) and discussing your issues with a trained practitioner.
At First Contact Plus we work with the Mental Health Reablement Team (MHRT), the NHS’s Vita Minds service and the Mental Health Wellbeing and Recovery Services. The MHRT works with people across Leicestershire who need help and encouragement to be part of their community. Poor mental health can reduce a person’s confidence to take part in things and live a normal everyday life. The MHRT works with residents to build their confidence back up and work towards a positive recovery over 12 weeks.
Vita Minds provides psychological assessment and treatment for what are known as mild to moderate common mental health problems. It is normal to experience changes in your mood and behavior at times of stress and emotional upset. Your physical health may also affect your mood and stress levels. If these changes continue to affect you, then the Vita Minds service could help.
Vita Minds provides specialised skilled and accredited practitioners who are able to provide psychological therapies (talking therapies) for people experiencing common difficulties including depression, anxiety, panic, phobias, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), trauma and stress.
The Mental Health Wellbeing and Recovery Services support people to access information and advice about mental health and local support. They also provide one to one and group personalised recovery support for those people with a mental health condition.
Can’t find the information on the website or need further support? You can fill in our online form below (red self-referral button in the bottom right corner) and we will get back to you within two working days.
What's in My Area:
- 5 Ways to Wellbeing The Five Ways to Wellbeing are a great place to start keeping mentally and physically well.
- Bereavement Advice Centre There are many practical issues to manage when someone dies. Bereavement Advice Centre supports and advises people on what they...
- CALM – Male Suicide Prevention Charity Helpline The Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM) is dedicated to preventing male suicide, the single biggest killer of men under 45...
- Combat Stress For veterans worried about your mental health, we can help.
- Counselling Directory Find a counsellor or psychotherapist near you.
- Cruse Bereavement Care We offer support, advice and information to children, young people and adults when someone dies.
- Getting the right mental health support for you during COVID-19
- Harmless Harmless deliver a range of services and also deliver 'The Tomorrow Project'.
- Headway Headway is the UK-wide charity that works to improve life after brain injury. Through its network of more than 125...
- Library Events and Activities Join a library, reserve or renew your books, hire a library room and collect temporary waste permits.
- Macmillan Cancer Support Providing practical, medical and financial support and push for better cancer care.
- Mental Health Foundation The Mental Health Foundation is a UK charity that relies on public donations and grant funding to deliver and campaign...
- Mind We won't give up until everyone experiencing a mental health problem gets support and respect
- Papyrus – Prevention of Young Suicide Provide confidential help and advice to young people and anyone worried about a young person.
- Pohwer Advocacy POhWER provides the following services in Leicestershire: NHS Complaints Advocacy and Independent Mental Capacity Advocacy (IMCA), including Deprivation of Liberty...
- Reading Well for Health and Wellbeing Our Reading Well collections help you to understand and manage your health and wellbeing using helpful reading recommendations.
- Richmond Fellowship Richmond Fellowship promotes recovery, wellness & inclusion for everyone experiencing a mental health issue. This includes advice, support and social...
- Royal British Legion Supporting the armed forces community both past and present.
- Saneline Our helpline is here to support you when you feel you have reached a moment of crisis.
- Start A Conversation Start a Conversation is a suicide prevention campaign that aims to build a community that is committed to the mental...
- The Mix – Essential Support for Under 25’s Do you need help now? Our crisis messenger text service provides free, 24/7 crisis support across the UK. If you’re...
- Where you can find mental health support during COVID-19 List of advice and support services available to those living in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.