Improve your physical health and wellbeing through local physical activities
We understand that how you feel can change from day to day. And sometimes, that can make moving more feel like a challenge. It may be that being active has seemed like a big commitment or something that didn’t feel like it was for you. That’s perfectly okay. The truth is that you can start small, and you do not have to get moving when you don’t feel up to it. Ultimately, being active is about finding what works for you.
At First Contact Plus we work with your local physical activity service who can provide advice, support and information on physical activity tailored to your needs. If you are living with a long-term health condition, you probably don’t need to visit your GP to get medically referred. Physical activity is safe, even for people living with symptoms of multiple long-term conditions.
Regular physical activity, in combination with standard medical care, has an important role in the management and prevention of many long-term conditions.
Can’t find the information on the website or need further support? You can fill in our online form below (red self-referral button in the bottom right corner) and we will get back to you within two working days.
What's in My Area:
- Active Together – Adults here are lots of ways to be active as an adult, and it's important to find an activity that works...
- Active Together – Older Adults Whatever your age or health condition, there are plenty of ways you can move more. It’s never too late for...
- Active Together – Supporting Children & Young People We believe that every child and young person should experience the enjoyment and benefits that being active can bring.
- Exercise Referral The Excercise Referral scheme is a programme for adults with a medical condition.
- Get running with couch to 5K
- Leicester-Shire & Rutland Get Active Active Together and our local partners are here to help you find a range of physical activity, sport and wellbeing...
- NHS Health Check Age 40-74? Find out about our FREE NHS Health Check
- Physically Active Guidelines for Adults
- Understanding Arthritis and Nutrition This booklet will explore the link between nutrition and Arthritis/MSK conditions, as well as showing how important a healthy lifestyle...