Family Activities and Support
Information and advice about local family activities and support services
Leicestershire County Council’s Family Information Service (FIS) provides information, advice and guidance to all families including those who have children or young people with special educational needs or disability. We also provide this service to professionals who work with children, young people and families.
The Information and Support Directory includes information on:
- childcare, including day nurseries, pre-schools, childminders and out of school clubs
- leisure activities
- support groups and services
- advice and guidance
- disability and special educational needs groups (local offer)
- education and learning support, including private tuition
Please click on Leicestershire County Council advert below for the directory or contact:
Family Information Service
Tel: 0116 305 6545
E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Can’t find the information on the website or need further support? You can fill in our online form below (red self-referral button in the bottom right corner) and we will get back to you within two working days.
What's in My Area:
- Adopting a child
- Care Choices Dementia Friendly Guide 2022 A practical guide to living with dementia in Leicester, Leicestershire & Rutland.
- Combat Stress For veterans worried about your mental health, we can help.
- Find schools, colleges and academies in Leicestershire
- Healthy Start – Get help to buy food and milk An easy read guide about how to apply for NHS Healthy Start and what you can buy.
- Library Events and Activities Join a library, reserve or renew your books, hire a library room and collect temporary waste permits.
- Mencap Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included
- Royal British Legion Supporting the armed forces community both past and present.
- Search for childcare providers in your area