Repairs, Adaptations and Maintenance
Help to improve your home through repairs, maintenance or adaptations
Types of services available include;
Handyperson – helps with minor repairs, and other small jobs in or around your home such as;
- putting up shelves or curtain rails
- changing light bulbs and tap washers
- building flat pack furniture
- minor carpentry and plumbing
- fitting locks, bolts and key safes
- hanging pictures
- fitting grab and stair rails
Home adaptations / equipment
You can get equipment and have your home adapted to help you live more comfortably, safely and independently. You can get minor adaptations like; grab rails, stair rails, small ramps, raised toilet seats / bath seats, specialist beds and chairs. Please click on Equipment and home adaptations below (What’s in my area) for an assessment.
Local District and Borough Councils enforce legal standards of housing repair and provide a range of advice and support to help homeowners, landlords and tenants to maintain homes to suitable standards. This includes financial assistance through loans and grants. You can access the councils directly through their own websites in What’s in my area (below).
Can’t find the information on the website or need further support? You can fill in our online form below (red self-referral button in the bottom right corner) and we will get back to you within two working days.
What's in My Area:
- Check a Trade Helping you find the right trade or service
- Lightbulb Frequently Asked Questions We’ve put together this list of FAQs to help you understand how Lightbulb works.
- Royal British Legion – Independent living We're here to support the Armed Forces community maintain their independence and stay safe in their own home.