Are you unemployed and need advice on benefits and looking for work?
Work clubs provide a service where people can come along and get help in very friendly surroundings and be treated with courtesy and respect.
People have the opportunity to assist at the work club and gain references.
They can help people in many different ways:
- Provide a friendly and welcoming atmosphere
- Help with CV writing and cover letters
- Help with online job applications
- Access to further training
- Obtain information about volunteering opportunities
- Support with written applications
- Advice and information for people wishing to become self-employed or start their own business
- The chance to talk to other people that are unemployed
The work clubs run weekly at the following libraries:
Monday 10:00-12:00 Wigston
Monday 14:00-16:00 Blaby (in partnership with the BEAT project)
Tuesday 10:00-12:00 Loughborough
Tuesday 14:00-16:00 Melton Mowbray
Wednesday 10:00-12:00 Hinckley
Thursday 10:00-12:00 Market Harborough
Friday 10:00-12:00 Coalville
Can’t find the information on the website or need further support? You can fill in our online form below (red self-referral button in the bottom right corner) and we will get back to you within two working days.
What's in My Area:
- Amicus Trust – Accomodation, support, education and employment Providing accommodation, help and support to those who are homeless or at risk of homelessness including ex armed forces.
- Apprenticeships Search and apply for an apprenticeship in England
- Find schools, colleges and academies in Leicestershire
- Job Search – GOV.uk Search and apply for full or part time jobs across the UK
- Learn direct Courses and qualifications to help you find work
- National Careers Service Helping you take the next step
- Prospects Prospects for graduate jobs, postgraduate study, advice about work experience, internship opportunities and graduate careers
- Remploy Remploy exists to improve the lives of disabled people and those with complex needs through the power of work. We...