Would you like to volunteer and help your local community with groups and activities?
Volunteering can help you gain confidence by giving you the chance to try something new and build a real sense of achievement. It gives you the opportunity to meet different types of people and make new friends.
Volunteering can help you learn new skills, gain experience and improve your confidence. This can also help you into employment.
Some people volunteer as it offers the chance to give something back to their community or make a difference to the people around them. Regardless of the motivation, what unites them all is that they find it both challenging and rewarding.
Some people find that volunteering has helped them into employment as they have gained new skills, knowledge and experience.
Timebanking is another way of volunteering your skills. Time4Leicestershire is a community timebank aimed to enable individuals to swap skills in their local community.
Can’t find the information on the website or need further support? You can fill in our online form below (red self-referral button in the bottom right corner) and we will get back to you within two working days.
What's in My Area:
- Hinckley Glenfield Oadby And Wigston Library Volunteering Opportunities Leicestershire Shared Reading and Leicestershire Libraries volunteering for shared reading groups in libraries around the county.
- RCC – Good Neighbour Scheme A community run volunteer phone line to help those in need/at risk within the local area.
- Royal Voluntary Service Together for older people
- The Farming Community Network
- Vinspired Vinspired is the UK's leading volunteering charity for 14 - 25 year olds
- Volunteering For Change Use your skills to make a difference